While one of the running jokes associated with golf is that it is a frustrating game that almost no one ever gets good at playing, the truth is that golf is great for getting outside, having fun with friends, and learning a new skill. If you are an avid golfer and you’re coming to the Plano/Dallas and Fort Worth area, you should read on to learn about a few of the many excellent golf courses in the area. If you need a comfortable room filled with the best amenities at a great price, you should book your room at Studio 6 in Plano today and enjoy your favorite pastime while you’re in the area!
Texas in incredible for many reasons, one of them being that the nice weather allows for golf almost all year round! If you are staying in Plano, there are plenty of great courses in the area that you’ll want to experience. We have broken this section up into public and private courses to give you the information you need to plan out your next round.
There are many incredible public courses in and around Plano, including:
- Pecan Hollow. Renovated in 2011, Pecan Hollow now offers an even better experience than it did before. With a great course, a driving range, and a bar and grill, Pecan Hollows allows you to spend a day on a great course with everything you need.
- Ridgeview Ranch. When you’re done playing a round, stop by the bar and grill for some great food in the company of friends, or spend some time practicing your swing at the driving range.
- The Dallas Cowboys Golf Course. If you’re a Cowboys fan, there is no better way to immerse yourself in Cowboys memorabilia and golf!
- Texas Star Golf Course. Are you looking for the quiet atmosphere of a private golf club at public golf club prices? Book a tee time at the Texas Star Golf Course.
While all of these courses are public, they don’t feel like it. Each of these clubs has taken the time to cultivate an incredible environment that allows you to focus on your game without having to worry about being crowded at the tee or in the club house. Visit the websites for these courses to learn more about their rates and how to reserve a tee time.
Private Golf Courses
If you are lucky enough to know a member, private courses in the Plano and Dallas/Fort Worth area offer world-class golfing, dining, and views that other courses all around the USA try to emulate.
- The Vaquero Club has been one of the best-rated courses in the country for 20 years, and for good reason. Incredible course design, stunning views, and some of the best food you will ever have at a golf course all come together to make Vaquero an experience you will never forget.
- Dallas National Golf Club. Chosen as My Avid Golfer’s “Best Overall Club” in 2018, Dallas National offers a course designed by Tom Fazio, as well as views and service that most other courses can’t even dream about.
- Maridoe Golf Club. One of the most beautiful clubs in Texas, or anywhere else for that matter, Maridoe is the ideal fusion of modernity and tradition. The course surrounds the largest private lake in the area, and the club house needs to be seen to be believed.
Book your room at Studio 6 in Plano now for a comfortable room at great rates that you can relax at in between games of golf. We look forward to having you stay with us when you are in the area, so call us today to reserve your room now.